Planning this elopement has made me think about things I’d never before considered; bridal appointments, off-white vs white white, cocktail vs lounge suit, the seven different ways to get to City Hall from our hotel, how I’m going to fit our marriage certificate in a little clutch, something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue.
Working in PR has its advantages; the biggest undoubtedly, has been harnessing the power of the Work in Progress document. So, armed with my Kiki-K stationery and a desire to meticulously plan and efficiently execute, WIP meetings have become a staple of our existence. My top favourite WIP moments from recent months include:
- The football WIP - quarter-time, half-time and three quarter-time during all Friday night Essendon and/or Hawthorn games. It's amazing what you can get done in-between sirens.
- The in-code WIP on the work phone.
- The WIP by stealth - commonly known to my sisters and workmates as me seeking advice on matters under the guise of planning my 30th birthday party.
- The offsite WIP, usually held at establishments that serve alcoholic beverages.
- The coffee date WIP; my personal favourite.
- The public transport WIP, also known as the worst kind of WIP. This method involves talking at a million miles an hour and attempting to unsuccessfully access mobile internet in-between train stations.